Home_ads

Thursday 30 March 2017

I was one of the best aviation ministers Nigeria ever produced - Stella Oduah

Former aviation minister, Stella Oduah has said that she was one of the best to ever serve in that capacity.
Oduah is now the Senator representing the Anambra North Senatorial District. She made the comment during an interview with The Cable. See some excerpts below:
You were one of the ministers in the cabinet of former President Goodluck Jonathan, if you looked back is there anything you wish you could have done differently?
I think with all sense of humility, I was one of the best ministers to ever serve in aviation. The evidence is there. I didn’t do it because I was just a minister. I coined the word “transformation”, and I wanted transformation to be personified.
I wanted it to be on the record that indeed we can transform. All we need to do is to ensure that we do all we have to do and think outside the box. If you remember how Abuja, Lagos and Enugu airports used to be.
We did a holistic transformation. Again, it is just to prove that transformation is doable. All it requires is hard work and good people to implement the strategy.
What are the challenges you face as a female legislator? Do you face intimidation from male colleagues?
That doesn’t exist. I think it is about mutual respect. At the senate, gender issues do not arise. What arises is the extent of your competence and capacity.
How do you handle criticisms?
Oprah Winfrey said several times, if you don’t want to be talked about, then you have to do away with success. So, it comes with the package. People say and write hurtful things about you; they forget that you have children.
The world is a global village, so your children read them and your children’s friend read them too. For me as a person, I think no one can give me a name that is not mine. It is me who will define me. That makes it easy for me to live with it. It annoys me sometimes – because I wish they could just ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinion