Home_ads

Thursday 1 December 2016

I have torn my green card and relocated from the US - Wole Soyinka says


Wole Soyinka has justified his pledge to destroy his green card following Donald Trump’s victory in the 2016 US presidential election.

‘I have already done it, I have disengaged. I have done what I said I would do,’ the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature winner said at an education conference at the University of Johannesburg according to AFP.

‘I had a horror of what is to come with Trump… I threw away the card, and I have relocated, and I’m back to where I have always been (Nigeria).’
Republican candidate Donald Trump was elected US president on November 8, 2016, defeating Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, and will take office on January 20, 2017.
Data released show that about 53% of white women supported Trump over Hillary while 46% of eligible voters did not exercise their franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinion