Home_ads

Sunday 21 August 2016

My critics can now shut up - Neymar says after leading Brazil to victory at the RIO Olympics

Brazil Olympic hero Neymar believes he has finally shut the mouth of his critics up after winning gold for his country at the Rio Games.

The Barcelona forward scored a free kick to put Brazil ahead.
And then later scored the winning penalty in the 5-4 shootout.
Neymar revealed it was an unforgettable moment after sending the Maracana into raptures on Saturday.
“This is one of the best things that have happened in my life. That’s it,” he said.

“Now my critics will have to shut up.
“I can’t begin to describe my feelings. I have fulfilled my dream and to have fulfilled it in my home country makes me very proud.”
All the talk in the lead up was about the 2014 World Cup semi-final, in which Germany humiliated a Brazil side missing the injured 24-year-old 7-1 in Belo Horizonte.
Goalkeeper Weverton was full of praise for the boy turn legend saying: “God has blessed me. The gold is ours, but it belongs to God.
“I told Neymar that God had given him a second chance. God loves Neymar like he loves all this team.”
Max Meyer had cancelled out the former captain’s opener to force a shoot-out, in which Nils Petersen had his spot-kick saved by Weverton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your opinion